Violence Against Women Services Elgin County offers 24 hour safety, emergency shelter, and counselling for women and children. Each and every woman and child in need is able to count on our services in Aylmer, St. Thomas, and West Lorne. There is no wait time. Help is immediate, informed, respectful, and compassionate. Each year over 2,000 people find the help they seek.
We are seeking a highly skilled person with a warm and welcoming presence to join our agency as a Community Counsellor in a full time capacity.
The following qualifications apply:
- Post-secondary degree in social work or equivalent field
- Work experience providing counselling with women who have been sexually, physically, and/or emotionally abused as adults and/or sexually abused as children
- Sound analysis of the issue of violence against women including its impact on both women and children
- Demonstrated skill and experience in clinical assessment, individual and group counselling, trauma informed practice, and case planning
- Excellent case management abilities, sound clinical judgment, and strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of criminal and family law and the local coordinated community response pertaining to women who have been abused
- Proficiency in office computer programs (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Commitment to women’s issues and the vision, mission, values, and service models of the agency
It is necessary to have the ability and desire to work autonomously and as part of a team in a woman centered organization. Clear Criminal Reference Check, current CPR/First Aid certification, valid driver’s license, and access to a reliable vehicle are mandatory. It is necessary to work flexible hours including evenings.
Please forward your resume via email by Noon Monday February 27th to Deisy Vanegas, Program Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.